Wind Ensemble Auditions
CURRENT WOOTTON STUDENTS: Follow the instructions on the Classroom/Canvas assignment and submit in Classroom/Canvas.
INCOMING WOOTTON STUDENTS: Follow the instructions below.
- The Video Audition Procedure
- Auditions for Wootton’s 2021 Wind Ensemble will be through video submission.
- Recording requirements, but if you have trouble, please contact Mrs. Eckerle at Susan_Eckerle@mcpsmd.org.
- At the beginning of your video, please say your name.
- Label your video file with your name.
- These are the only extensions accepted: AVI, WMV, MOV, or MP4.
- Playing requirements:
- 1 Major Scale of your choice, 2 octaves, using the articulation and tempo at which you sound the best.
- Chromatic Scale, using the articulation and tempo at which you sound the best.
- Prepared piece:
- Perform any 2 variations that best shows off your ability.
- There are four double bars (five including the last one) and you may take a short break after each double bar.
- If you are auditioning for Wind Ensemble, you must perform variations 3 and 4.
- No Sight Reading
- Submissions are being accepted now into this link and will be accepted until Wednesday, April 21st at 11:59 pm, EST.
- I will notify you if you earned a chair in the Wind Ensemble by Wednesday, May 12th.