All three bands performed exceptionally well on Tuesday, March 15 at the Maryland District II Band Assessment, which we hosted as well!
Here is the letter I sent home to the band parents. I am so proud of all of our young adult musicians!
Yesterday, the three Wootton Bands performed at their yearly assessment and they all three were spectacular. Not only did they perform on a high level but their maturity was top notch. Your children are truly wonderful and I am proud to be their teacher.
I would like to share some of the judge’s comments:
For the Patriot Winds:
- Tone Rating – A; A warm, dark sense of tone!
- Technique Rating – A; Strong technical skill evident throughout
- Interpretation Rating – A; Nice job overall – evident that students are aware of their roles and responsibilities
For the Symphonic Winds:
- Tone Rating – A+;Lovely warm tone across the ensemble
- Intonation Rating – A; Generally very good!
- Musical Effect Rating – A: Confident; well-prepared performance
For the Wind Ensemble:
- Tone Rating – A+; The ensemble plays with a nice, mature sound
- Technique Rating – A+; Bravo!
- Interpretation Rating – A+; Nice work here…especially in the Wagner!!!